May 14, 2011

Never bothered to be bothered



                                      In this busy world where everyone's world revolves around money and lust, we forget many things, many relations, and many commitments too. Things that are priceless turns out to be the most unimportant ones and we are never even bothered to think about it. The robotic age has turned man itself to robots where everyone is working on a set of rules, with just one goal,  "make money and die for it". Even though it’s monotonous and mundane, we still run behind it. More than a race, it’s a means of survival…"survival of the fittest". Hmmm... now let me start my story...

       College days...yes I know what you're thinking...'the most amazing days' right? Well true,friends...and friends...and friends. I was no different from a typical college student, least botherations and tensions. Flicking money from Dad's pocket to bunking classes, watching all crap movies  that too first day first show,getting drunk and dancing with the worst steps literally making a fool out of me,spontaneous decisions and trips to nowhere  and everywhere ,running behind those annoying lecturers for attendance shortage,finally going crazy with the huge bundle of photostats and notes on the eve of the university exam,sleepless nights and sleepy exams.


       Every day was a happening day for me,being a social person my friends circle was vast and I believed then that they were my life.

      It was during my post graduation I met her. She was never a beauty to praise like poets do. But she's someone different,crazy, fun loving, caring, reliable, short tempered, stubborn and  a great friend too. A Perfectly Unique blend! That's what attracted me to her but I always wondered what made her fall in love with me.  We were never like the usual couples with long night chats,staring into eyes for hours and all those kinda cheesy stuff. 



        We both were busy setting our career and life, but somewhere down the line, I got carried away with my career and had to move on. I never really bothered to think about how hard that must have been for her. After 4 years, I saw her again, a happily married woman who threw her successful career for her family which she considers to be precious than her career.I wondered why she did it.

    Being a 24x7 professional, I was completely caught in the wicked web of life, where I thought I was comfortable and happy. My world was all about work, money, parties, fame and girls. Stressful days and boozed nights replaced my best friends. When my love threw her life for her family, I threw my family for my life. I never bothered about anyone; I guess the only person I loved and was bothered about was me, myself. 


    I still remember that dreadful day, a severe pain in my head, I felt like my head was tearing apart, I tried calling someone for help but before I could do something I lost my conscious. The next thing I know was I'm hospitalized. I could faintly hear someone calling me,slowly I opened my eyes saw my Dad standing next to my bed,couldn't figure out what was going around me and why was I chained to those beeping machines. But somewhere in the silence of the ICU I heard two nurses whispering,"yes, the result is positive, his tumor is cancerous". For a second, I prayed that shouldn't be me. As days passed I realized my prayers were in vain. 
        
      My life completely turned upside down, stressful days turned out to bed ridden days, painful nights replaced my boozed party nights. People I valued least are the only ones I have now. 


      This time it wasn't me who rode the steering of my life but was that unexpected friend who been following me all this while. He is waiting to grab my soul and eat my body. But before I go, I want to thank him, because he opened my blind eyes,if he hadn't made this entry I would have never bothered to find my Dad's love, Mom's care and Sissy's pamper. My years are over,months are over all I've is a few more days or may be God knows a few more hours. It’s insane to think about turning back time but I wish I had some more time.

I guess this time God is not bothered...


4 comments:

  1. Navi,

    Here I am as promised. Read all current posts. You write on sad note mostly. Why? I am sure you can write posts with happy endings too. Vanished is so factual. There are traps all over.

    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your valid comment...will surely try for something with a better ending..

    ReplyDelete