May 10, 2011

Insidious

       The stress was intense, as the daylight waned, my heart yearned for a new life. Wish I could stop time and go back, although it’s too late, I closed my eyes, took a deep breath and then it slowly crept into me...

I fell into a deep space where there was no time, no pressure, no pain all I could feel was the aching soreness in my heart. I was blinded by the darkness, deafened by the silence. I kept walking... I could feel my heart pounding with fear. I could feel the cold breeze creeping into me numbing my senses. I summoned up my courage crawled towards the dark.

I could feel the warmth of a strange hand on my shoulder and the next moment, I was rolling down a hill, it felt like a ride to hell. Something caught my leg and I stopped. Its still dark & cold.

Hanging upside down, fresh blood rolling over my face. I cried for help but to my shock I realised I lost my voice too. From far I saw a white light blinking, it started inching closer to me, the more close it came the more brighter it was, my eyes started hurting. I closed my eyes and heard my own voice saying,"You are caught by your wish …which now turns out to be your fate... now you decide..."

I opened my eyes with fear to see myself hooked to the second needle of a huge clock. I was stuck, if I unhook myself I will fall on to the hour needle which is right below me. Its edges were so sharp and is all set to drink my blood. I realized , my bloody body hanging in between those sharp edges had stopped time and season.

The world was still, everything in it was still, not even a leaf was moving. I was completely shattered, wanted to scream loud but couldn't even do that. I waited there for long helpless in vain. Everything remained still, I felt weaker and weaker, pain started eating me alive. There again I heard my voice saying,"This is your wish...this is your fate...now it’s you who have to decide...".

I couldn't stand the pain, my own voice started creeping me out.

Finally I decided to do it. Slowly with shivery hands I unhooked myself and went for the final fall of my life, in no time it drank my blood with ecstasy. Before I knew, life flew away, I went still. Everything went back to normal world started breathing again. The clock started ticking, seconds started rushing, minutes started running, hours started passing.

Like the eye of a dragon the clock remained there waiting for its next prey...

      

     

No comments:

Post a Comment