December 29, 2013

The Void...

Looking at the reflection on the mirror I couldn't resist myself from laughing. People stared at me, not like they never stared before, but today I let them stare at me. Everything remained the same, the tall buildings, the buzzing vehicles, the tourists and the cold look of strangers while they swiftly make their way out of the busy street.

Today, everyone took their share of few seconds to frown at me. Nobody uttered a word but I could hear those whispers in their head, eccentric... stupid... annoying... useless... yes, I heard them all still I continued laughing at my reflection. I wanted to cry but I couldn't so I laughed, the mirror on the store's window reflected a thin girl on high heels, she was beautiful once, but the lustful beasts didn't leave an inch of that beauty, and now with those bloodstained lips she doesn't even need a lipstick
Hope is far from her eyes. Her pale body is tattooed with scars & wounds that screams the stories of betrayal and injustice.  But today she is laughing loud because she stumbled upon the juncture of living and just existing. For years she was lost in the void of time & space. Past is Erased, Present is Written & Future is Forgotten.
Another lustful hand grasped my waist tight and took me away from the mirror of reality...


No comments:

Post a Comment